The Boston Gay Men’s Chorus is one of New England’s largest and most successful community-based choruses. Founded in 1982, the 175-voice ensemble is celebrated for its outstanding musicianship, creative programming, and groundbreaking community outreach. Under the dynamic leadership of Music Director Reuben M. Reynolds III, the BGMC sings a wide spectrum of classical and popular music and creates social change by providing a positive, affirming image of the gay and lesbian community. The Chorus is heard live by more than 10,000 people each season and thousands more through recording, television and internet broadcasts. In November 2013 CBS-WBZ named the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus one of the "top 5" choruses in the city of Boston. In June 2015 BGMC became the first LGBT chorus to tour the Middle East.
The Boston Gay Men’s Chorus creates musical experiences to inspire change, build community and celebrate difference.
- We’re a family with a tradition of excellence
- We provide a safe and welcoming community to be ourselves
- We make music that makes us and our audiences proud
- We operate with integrity
- We genuinely care for each other; bringing out the best of each other – we are at our best as a group
- We change hearts and minds through our presence and our music
- We are from diverse backgrounds but have a shared passion for music
- We choose to give our time and talents – giving back more than we get
- We have fun!
We are proud to connect with many organizations.
Find out more about BGMC at GuideStar - where the Chorus is a Gold Exchange member.
More information is also available at The Giving Common, a project of the Boston Foundation.